Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gifts and finishes


I have finished a few things recently and thought I would share them with you. First and foremost, we were invited to a wedding this weekend and I decided I wanted to stitch a sampler for them. I couldn't find just the one I wanted so I improvised. I used Diane Williams' Simply Blessed Wedding Samplers and used bits and pieces from several different samplers to create my own. I framed it this afternoon, just in time for the wedding. It's stitched on a piece of 32 ct cream linen.



This darling BOAF piece is entitled "Love" and I stitched in on 40 ct. Tan Temptation from Sassy's Fabbys. If you've never stitched on her fabric before, it's divine! This was my first piece on 40 count and I promise you it won't be my last. I loved EVERY stitch of it. I'm going to do the other virtues - Honesty, Loyalty and Patience on this same fabric.



Wendy Jo had a birthday in January and I sent her the above package. She loves Lizzie Kate and I thought the sentiment was perfect for us, "Friendship Grows." Our friendship is indeed growing and I look forward to meeting her in person some day. Different things keep conspiring against our meeting but we are hopeful that in May we'll meet.



This little guy is a Heart In Hand piece. I stitched him just after Christmas when I was still in the ornament stitching mood. He's done on a piece of Summer Khaki linen.


I've started "Snow White" by LHN on the Rosemary fabric that the model used, such a pretty color. Hopefully, it will go quickly. My stack of things I want to do keeps getting bigger.

Until next time,





1 comment:

Rita said...

I love all your finishes, Juile, but I LOVE the wedding sampler. The frame is perfect for it too. The newlyweds will treasure it for years to come.